The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly affected psychological assessment training, supervision, and clinical practice. Several organizations, including Section IX, have developed documents to provide guidance regarding tele-assessment and/or teaching and supervision practices during and beyond the pandemic. We have compiled a list of resources below. If you have any suggestions or resources you would like to share, please send us an email. We plan to update the site as new resources become available.
Guidance for Teaching and Supervising Psychological Assessment During COVID-19
The attached document was developed by Section IX (Assessment) of APA’s Division 12 (Clinical) to provide additional guidance to instructors and supervisors of psychological assessment in the upcoming year.
While many of us will choose to utilize various adaptations in our assessment training, it’s important to keep in mind that, along with the safety of all involved, ethical practice, and maintaining test security, training students in skills related to a multi-method approach to assessment continues to be of critical importance.
Guidance for Psychological Assessment Practice During COVID-19
Accessing Test Materials
- Multi-Health Systems (MHS): Telepractice Tools and Resources
- Pearson Q-Global: Free Access to 100+ Digital Manuals and Stimulus Books
- Psychological Assessment Resources (PAR): Digital Assessments During COVID-19 and eManual Access
- Riverside Insights: Covid-19 Resources
- WPS: Telepractice and COVID-19 Resources
Guidelines for Remote Administration of Specific Tests
- Guidance on the Use of the MMPI Instruments in Remote Psychological Testing
- Rorschach Performance Assessment System (R-PAS) Guidelines for Remote Administration
Online Training Resources
- Pearson Assessment Webinars
- PAR Inc. Training Portal
- SCID-5 Training Materials
- DIAMOND Training Materials
- R-PAS Online Trainings
- KNOW Neuropsychology Didactic Lecture Series
- The Testing Psychologist Podcast
- IOPC Tele-Neuropsychology Training and Webinars
The presence of a resource on this site does not constitute a Section IX endorsement of that resource or assurance of the accuracy of copyright claims. If you believe that a resource not listed here should be included, please contact the current Section IX Secretary.
©2009-2018 American Psychological Association Division 12 [Society of Clinical Psychology] Section IX [Assessment Psychology]. All Rights Reserved.